Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Housing Data

This week I've been focusing on finding all the statistics needed for the Housing section of the Abstract. While there really aren't that many statistics on this page, they are incredibly difficult to find. I found a bunch of stats on different sites, none of which coordinated and in fact ranged from around 900 homes currently on the market to 1968 homes on the market. I have finally learned how to properly access the information from the City of Norman Web site and am on my way. However I realized all the statistics from previous years listed in lasts years Abstract aren't coherent with what is listed on this Web site, so now instead of simply adding a year I'm having to recalculate all the years from 2000 to 2009.

Thankfully, I have found a report that gives me the year end totals instead of me having to add up every month, as I was doing in the beginning.

Another plus- I now know how all about the real estate market in the Norman area, which will come in very useful when my fiance and I begin looking for a house in a couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment